Monday, September 04, 2006

Tatting and Decoupage

The genealogy of my Dad's family is littered with maiden aunts and eccentric bachelors: empty husks drying in chambers behind the kitchens of their fathers' houses or in rooms taken above actuaries and druggists at the end of High Street. A handful of concerned individuals who want only the best for me can't fathom why I am becoming one, and sincerely wish that it was not my lot. They counsel adjustments to that end: away with the dorky glasses, the garish vintage shirts, flip flops and pull-on boots; stop having so many OPINIONS; smile(!) more (but not too much); and especially - Lighten Up! Get back to the gym. In the guise of contacts, A&F, Timberlands and defined abs, I would fare better, they say. True, I'm sure, and sometimes the failure is packaging, but a time is reached when marketing can't be blamed, and the team must acknowledge that consumers just aren't interested in the product. So then. Where is my knitting?

Heh.
Who Links Here