Thursday, October 27, 2005

Worlds Collide


Circumstances require me to be the very soul of discretion.

Damnit.

A month ago, my Best Girl Buddy moved back into town
after finishing graduate school.
Last night, I moved my Partner In Crime into the apartment
which Best Girl Buddy and he will now share.
Best Girl Buddy is working for The Lieutenant.
Partner In Crime is interviewing with The Lieutenant, and will likely begin work there as well.

My individual conversations with
Best Girl Buddy / Partner In Crime / The Lieutenant
usually include a paraphrase of this statement:

"Okay..."

*sips Dewer's rocks / Diet Coke / Martini twist*

"Now you can't tell this to ANYONE,
ESPECIALLY not
Best Girl Buddy / Partner In Crime / The lieutenant."

*sigh*

So I don't. But they're not the only ones.
The walls between the compartments of my life
are thin ones, constantly subject to erosion.
I'm worried about breaches, and not just for my sake.

Philadelphia is a small town, and getting smaller.
Every day.
Who Links Here