Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Spring Fling

Didja look at Johnny and Jefito's
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Squeeze?
It reminded me of how much I loved Squeeze, and also that I am very, very old.


Twenty five(!) years ago, in April of 1982, Richid and I went to see Squeeze and the creatively coiffed A Flock of Seagulls at a "Spring Fling" concert presented by a university's student union. The bill also included Clarence Clemens(of Bruce Springsteen's band), NRBQ, and (I think) Asleep at The Wheel, which illustrates the pop schism dividing Late Boomers from the vanguard of Gen-X. At that time Richid and I had generally moved beyond our earlier sport of sneaking backstage at shows, since Richid had became sophisticated in acquiring free tickets and backstage stickies from AOR guys(working the radio station where he interned), and even scoring press/photo passes. We had no contacts at this university, so it was back to stealth this time.

Anyway, lookit the Guide, and I'll tell you the rest later...
Who Links Here