Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Good Housekeeping


D: "So did you recognize my friends' new condo building from the pictures I sent you?"

C: "Yeah, from the outside. It's an impressive modern building: A.I.A. award; beautiful bronze mural in the lobby. Nicely detailed. I just can't believe what they've done to it! Cabbage roses and cornices, and grandma's furniture. They obviously spent money, but - I thought gay men were supposed to have taste. Ick."

D: "Well, when you're a millionaire, you can show them what good furniture is."

C: "My entire monthly salary is half their monthly building fee, and my furniture is WAY better already."

D: "If you could see* any of it."

C: "Touche"



* Note: My place looks like the aftermath of an explosion that took out a dry cleaners, along with an adjacent boot shop, news stand and prop warehouse - with nineteen empty Poland Spring water bottles sprinkled on top.
Who Links Here